Just four weeks from today I’ll be arriving in Istanbul for a trip I’ve been looking forward to for quite some time. Not only will I be there to celebrate the wedding of one of my favorite people but it will also be my first time in this beautiful city. If you know me at all, you know that there’s a certain amount of packing anxiety that goes along with any trip that I take. Add in a slew of wedding events and slightly unpredictable weather and the result is sheer panic. In an effort to be more prepared than I usually am, the list writing has started early and the online shopping boxes are piling up. Here are some of the items that made the short list:
1. A cross body bag is a necessity for me when traveling in another country: I can always have an eye on my belongings and my hands will be free to scoop up everything at the Grand Bazaar. This Mansur Gavriel Leather Bucket Bag serves the purpose and looks fantastic.
2. I won’t go anywhere without sunscreen, especially when I know I’ll be galavanting through a new city with my pals all day long. That’s where Consonant The Perfect Sunscreen comes in: it will protect my skin in the Turkish sun and double as a tinted moisturizer thus reducing my travel product count by 1.
3. I can’t think of a better shoe than the Loeffler Randall Fitz Chelsea Bootie to pair with my favorite black Frame jeans to hit up all of the tourist spots. A.B.E.s are essential for travel with limited packing space.
4. I’ve been holding off on purchasing the Waterlogue app as my day to day life can be less than glamorous but I think Istanbul might be the perfect excuse to take the $2.99 plunge. Who wouldn’t want a watercolor photo of the Bosphorus River?
5. We’re hoping to have time to do a Turkish bath in between all of the festivities (though slightly apprehensive after reviewing the full details – may need to add a bikini to the packing list). So while I may not have room to bring it with me, this Cuyana Turkish Robe will be a luxurious reminder of the country long after we get home.